Android users may know that the operating system requires an active Google account. Without a Google account, you cannot use many Google services on your Android smartphone.
The most used email app, Gmail, also relies on your Google account. When you add your Google account to Android, that account is automatically linked to all Google apps and services.
Gmail is the best email app out there, but sometimes you might want to add a new account. Before adding a new Gmail account, you may want to remove the existing one.
Remove Gmail account on Android
Removing a Gmail account from Android is a challenge, and the Gmail app itself doesn’t give you an option to remove a specific Gmail account. Yes, you can stop syncing, but you can’t remove your account directly from the Gmail app.
So, to remove your Gmail account from Android, you would have to do it Remove Google account from Android.
Things to consider before removing Gmail account
Here are the things you need to consider before removing your Gmail account from Android.
- Removing your Gmail account will not delete your emails. The e-mails remain as they are.
- Once you remove your Google account from Android, you will not be able to use Google services like Play Store, YouTube, etc.
- You lose access to photos stored in Google Photos.
- You cannot access your calendar events.
You should remember these important things before removing a Gmail account from Android.
How to remove a gmail account on android
If you want to Remove Gmail account from Android, you must first remove the Google account associated with the email service. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First, open the Ideas App on your Android smartphone.
2. When the Settings app opens, scroll down and tap “Users & Accounts‘.
3. On the Users & Accounts screen, tap Google.
4. Now you will see all linked Google accounts on your device. You need Select the Gmail/Google account you want to remove.
5. On the next screen, tap three points in the upper right corner.
6. Choose ‘remove account‘ from the list of options displayed.
That’s it! Now you will be asked to confirm your Android device’s PIN, pattern or password lock. This will remove the Google/Gmail account from your Android smartphone.
How to remove a Gmail account on Android using a PC
If you think your Gmail account is running on another phone that doesn’t belong to you, you can unsubscribe remotely. How to Remove Gmail Accounts from Android Remotely.
1. First, open your desktop web browser and visit this webpage.
2. Make sure you are signed in with the same Gmail/Google account that you want to remove.
3. Click on the right side Security Tab.
4. Scroll to the right your devices Section. Here you will find all your active devices.
5. Click on the device name you want to remove and select the ‘deliver‘ Possibility.
That’s it! It’s that easy to remove a Gmail account from Android remotely. This method will help you protect your Gmail account in case of phone theft.
Turn off Gmail message syncing
Suppose you want to use other Google services like YouTube, Play Store, etc. but don’t want to use a specific Google account with Gmail. In such a case, you can turn off the Gmail message sync feature.
If you turn off Gmail message sync for a selected Google account, you can still access other Google services, but the new emails won’t appear in the Gmail app.
So instead of removing the entire Google account just because you don’t want to receive the emails in Gmail, you can turn off the Gmail sync feature. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First, open the gmail App on your Android smartphone.
2. When the Gmail app opens, tap Hamburger menu in the upper left corner.
3. Next, scroll down and tap Ideas.
4. Select the Gmail account you do not want to receive emails from. Next, scroll down and deactivate The ‘Sync Gmail‘ Possibility.
That’s it! Here’s how to turn off the Gmail sync feature on an Android device.
Also Read: How to Send Self-Destructing Emails in Gmail
These simple methods would help you to remove your Gmail account on Android. If you need more help with removing Gmail account from Android, let us know in the comments. If the article helped you, be sure to share it with your friends.