With over 2 billion active users, WhatsApp is by far the best instant messaging app for Android and iOS. Yes, WhatsApp can be accessed from desktop via the web or desktop app, but instant messaging is more popular on mobile.
Over the years, WhatsApp has grown into a one-stop solution for all your communication needs. Today, the app lets you exchange texts, make voice and video calls, and participate in group video calls.
What’s more interesting is that WhatsApp regularly releases new features for the app. In this article we will discuss those WhatsApp call links Feature. The feature isn’t new, but you should be aware of it.
What are WhatsApp call links?
WhatsApp Call Links is less popular but they are very effective. It’s basically a link that users can create so others can join a call.
By call we mean both audio and video calls. The goal is to create an audio/video call link on WhatsApp and share it with others.
The main advantage of generating WhatsApp call links is that anyone with the link can join the call at any time. This removes the pressure of having to attend a call when you’re too busy.
After generating a call link on WhatsApp, you need to share it with anyone who wants to join the call. The feature is already available in the WhatsApp app for Android and iOS, and here’s how to create one.
Things you should know before making WhatsApp call links
Now that you know the purpose of WhatsApp call links, there are also a few things you need to consider before creating one.
- Call links are only available on WhatsApp for Android and iOS.
- Anyone with your call link can join the calls. So make sure you only share it with people you trust.
- The users on your WhatsApp block list will not enter your call link.
- The WhatsApp call links will expire if not used for 30 days.
- You cannot re-create a call link once generated, but WhatsApp may revoke links for privacy and security reasons.
How to create WhatsApp call links
It’s pretty easy to create WhatsApp call links on Android and iOS; All you need is the latest version of the WhatsApp app. Here is How to create WhatsApp call links.
Note: We used an Android smartphone to demonstrate the steps. iPhone users also need to follow the same steps.
1. First, open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
2. When the app opens, switch to Calls Tab.
3. From the Calls tab, selectCreate call link‘ Possibility.
4. Next on the Create Call Link screen, tap call type Possibility.
5. You will be prompted to select the call type. Just choose between video or speech.
6. Once created, you will find three options Share whatsapp call link.
7. If you want to share the link to the WhatsApp contact, select the ‘Send link via WhatsApp‘ option and select the contact.
8. If you want to share the link with another app, select “Share a link‘ option and select the app where you want to share the link.
You can also copy the link and manually share it on another app or website. That’s it! Here’s how to create WhatsApp call links on Android/iOS.
How to join WhatsApp Call Link?
When you have received a WhatsApp call link, you will see a “Join call‘ button once you click the link.
Tapping the join call button takes you to the call screen. Here you will see the participants and a “Join” button to join the conference call.
frequently asked Questions
We understand that you may still have some doubts about using WhatsApp Call Link. Below we have answered the most frequently asked questions about call links on WhatsApp.
Can Anyone Join Whatsapp Call Link?
No, anyone with a WhatsApp account can only join your call by opening the link. For example, if your friend doesn’t have a WhatsApp account, clicking the link will prompt them to install the WhatsApp app first.
Can I create an unlimited call link?
Well, there are no restrictions on creating call links. Whenever you create a call link, the URL is different and secure.
Are Call-Link calls end-to-end encrypted?
Yes, the Call-Link calls are end-to-end encrypted. This allows you to join calls without worrying about a middleman overhearing you.
Do call links ever expire?
Yes, the call links will expire if not used for 30 days. If the call links were used, they would not expire.
So this guide is about that How to create and share WhatsApp call links. It’s a great feature and you should use it. If you need more help with creating WhatsApp call links, let us know in the comments. If the article helped you, be sure to share it with your friends.